https://www.uncorkd.biz/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/WeeklyRoundUpTemplate1.png 693 1040 Kiana Gonzalez https://uncorkd1.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/uncorkd-logo-vector_360.png Kiana Gonzalez2016-03-18 16:18:112016-03-18 16:18:11Wine and Beverage News Week of March 12
Wine and Beverage News Week of March 12
Every Friday Uncorkd compiles the most recent restaurant and beverage industry stories that had us talking. Here is the can’t miss news from March 12th – 18th.
- Last week we shared an in-depth post on 5 Smart Ways to Freshen up a Stale Wine List. Check it out to update your already great wine program and generate more revenue and happy guests.
- Would you like wine with your food? Of course. Here are insider tips for great wine pairings.
- Trump is winning primaries, but is his wine winning over drinkers? A sampling of the bragged-about bottles cast results that weren’t as glowing as the Donald’s tan.
- The secret to growing an award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon is closer to science fiction than we knew. The key is in the clones!
- Consumers’ sweet tooth is growing. Increase check averages before they say “check, please” by knowing which desserts your guests crave. Pro tip: Good desserts are great eye candy. Instagram your desserts to tap into a cult internet following.
- The “Oscars of the food world” nominations are out. Here is a compete list of James Beard Award nominees. These top chefs and restaurants might have great tips worth trying.
Spirits and Cocktail News
- Looking for easy solutions to update your bar program? Check out our guide: 5 Simple Steps to Modernize Your Bar Program.
- Spring is the season of the in-between. To honor this indecisive season, these spring cocktails balance the right mix of winter warmth and summer refreshment
- A great way to utilize slow-moving wine is to repurpose it. Dust off that bottle of PX Sherry and make a great cocktail with it.
That’s all for this week’s Uncorkd Weekly News Round Up. Check in with us next Friday to find the stories you missed during the week.
Latest posts by Kiana Gonzalez (see all)
- The Check Out: Weekly News Bites for Restaurants May 27th - May 27, 2016
- Two Memorial Day Drink Necessities You Need Now - May 25, 2016
- Technology at the Table: Gadgets Surrounding Dinner - May 12, 2016