Every Friday Uncorkd compiles the most recent restaurant and beverage industry stories that had us talking. Here is the can’t miss news from March 12th – 18th.
- Last week we shared an in-depth post on 5 Smart Ways to Freshen up a Stale Wine List. Check it out to update your already great wine program and generate more revenue and happy guests.
- Would you like wine with your food? Of course. Here are insider tips for great wine pairings.
- Trump is winning primaries, but is his wine winning over drinkers? A sampling of the bragged-about bottles cast results that weren’t as glowing as the Donald’s tan.
- The secret to growing an award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon is closer to science fiction than we knew. The key is in the clones!
- Consumers’ sweet tooth is growing. Increase check averages before they say “check, please” by knowing which desserts your guests crave. Pro tip: Good desserts are great eye candy. Instagram your desserts to tap into a cult internet following.
- The “Oscars of the food world” nominations are out. Here is a compete list of James Beard Award nominees. These top chefs and restaurants might have great tips worth trying.
Spirits and Cocktail News
- Looking for easy solutions to update your bar program? Check out our guide: 5 Simple Steps to Modernize Your Bar Program.
- Spring is the season of the in-between. To honor this indecisive season, these spring cocktails balance the right mix of winter warmth and summer refreshment
- A great way to utilize slow-moving wine is to repurpose it. Dust off that bottle of PX Sherry and make a great cocktail with it.
That’s all for this week’s Uncorkd Weekly News Round Up. Check in with us next Friday to find the stories you missed during the week.
- The Check Out: Weekly News Bites for Restaurants May 27th - May 27, 2016
- Two Memorial Day Drink Necessities You Need Now - May 25, 2016
- Technology at the Table: Gadgets Surrounding Dinner - May 12, 2016