Are you tired of offering the same tired Valentine’s Day champagne cocktails year after year? Here are 5 mixed drink ideas with sexy themes that you can use to mix up your digital wine and spirits menus this year, courtesy of talented mixologists from all over the US. Cheers to your restaurant’s success on Valentine’s Day!
1. The Juliet & Romeo | Toby Maloney of The Violet Hour in Chicago
- 2 ounces gin
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- 3 drops rose water
- 3 drops Angostura bitters
- 3 slices cucumber
- 3 sprigs mint
- A pinch of salt
Muddle the cucumber, mint and salt, reserving one mint leaf for garnish. Try to mash up the cucumber the most when you’re muddling. Add the rest of the ingredients, then let the drink sit for 30 seconds (time allowing) to better infuse the flavors. Shake with ice and strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with one floating mint leaf with one drop of rose water on top of the leaf, and then drizzle three or more drops of Angostura on the surface of the drink.
2. The Body Body Crush | Jean-George Vongerichten of Vong
- 1 ½ ounces lemongrass and lime-leaf-infused vodka
- 3 ounces fresh-squeezed orange juice
- ½ ounce lemon-lime soda
- Kaffir lime leaf, for garnish
Combine the first three ingredients in a wine glass with ice. Stir the mixture, then garnish with a kaffir lime leaf.
3. The Whiskey Seduction | Cory Cuff of the Four Seasons Hotel in St. Louis
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- ¾ ounce red wine, such as Pinot noir
- ½ ounce black currant liqueur
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- Lemon peel for garnish
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the rye whiskey, wine, liqueur and lemon juice. Shake well and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Squeeze the lemon peel lightly to release its oils and run it around the rim of the glass before adding to the cocktail as a garnish.
4. The Sex ‘n’ Honey | Joshua Dov and Leonardo Nam of Fat Fish in West Hollywood
- 2 ounces 42 Below Manuka Honey vodka
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce amaretto almond liqueur
- Dash cracked black pepper, plus additional to garnish
- 1 piece star anise to garnish
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Add a dash of black pepper then shake vigorously. Strain the liquid into a chilled martini glass, and garnish with a dash of cracked black pepper and 1 piece of star anise.
5. 151 Ways I Love You | Unattributed
- 1 ounce Bacardi 151 rum
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces lemon-lime soda
- ¾ ounce lemonade
- Splash of grenadine
Pour a small amount of grenadine in a rocks glass. Shake all the juices together with ice. Strain juice into the glass and float the 151 on top. Light it on fire for a really hot and sexy drink!
Latest posts by Hilary (see all)
- Why Your Wine Menu Is Scaring Your Guests - February 27, 2015
- How to Host a Better Restaurant Week and Get More Customers - February 23, 2015
- Choosing Your Restaurant Wine Glass – 3 Approaches - February 16, 2015