Instructions for installing the Uncorkd Micros 3700 and Aloha Integration
- Download the Uncorkd installer application.
- On the computer you use to operate your POS system, open the folder with the downloaded file, right click on the file and select “Run as administrator” and click to allow the application to make changes to your computer. If you are prompted with a virus or firewall alert, choose to allow the installation of the application.
- When you run the installer you will be presented with the below installation screen. This is the only time you will need to interact with the software. Simply enter the activation code that Uncorkd has provided to you in the box and click the continue button. (To receive an activation code, contact Uncorkd directly.)
- The installer will show the status of it installing and typically takes about 30-60 seconds to install. If there are any errors, please contact us.
- If you see a warning after installation from Windows that says the application may not have installed correctly, simply click on This program installed correctly and you should be all set.
Prerequisites for running the integration software
Most computers will already meet these minimum requirements, but here are the prerequisites in order for the integration software to work properly.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 must be installed on the machine. If it is not installed, you can download and install from the following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851
- The PC must be running Windows XP, Windows 7 or later. If the software is being installed on a server, it must be running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or later.
- The PC will need at most 50MB of available RAM.
- The software will use very little CPU resources and all computers supporting the above operating systems will have ample CPU resources.
Issues with firewall or anti-virus software
Some network firewalls or anti-virus software may flag the application and not allow it to communicate with Uncorkd. Depending on your configuration you may need to whitelist the application and servers that it connects to. The steps to whitelist will vary based on your software, please contact us for help if necessary.
If you have a firewall in place and are not sure if you need to whitelist the Uncorkd servers, on your POS computer open a web browser and see if you can navigate to the website www.uncorkd.biz. If you cannot, you likely need to whitelist our servers on your firewall. You should whitelist any subdomain of *.uncorkd.biz.
For Windows anti-virus protection, you will want to exclude the location where Uncorkd is installed at C:\Program Files\Uncorkd. Instructions for Microsoft Security Essentials which is often used in Windows 7/XP/Vista can be found here, instructions for Windows Defender which is often used in Windows 10 can be found here.
Advanced Debugging Help
If after whitelisting the Uncorkd servers on your firewall the activation code is still not accepted, we can debug to see if the requests from the application are still being blocked. One program for this is Fiddler, which will show all outbound web requests from the computer and show if they are successful. For further testing to see if requests are being blocked, we can also use Advanced REST Client. Someone from Uncorkd can walk you through using either of these programs to further detect and resolve problems.
If you run into any issues or have any questions, please contact us.
The Advanced REST Client is open-source software, provided under the Apache 2.0 license.