Uncorkd provides a suite of software products to help restaurants and bars manage their alcoholic beverage programs, including iPad menus, inventory management, vendor purchasing, reporting and analytics. Uncorkd software is used by hundreds of restaurants and bars nationwide and is quickly expanding.
We’re looking for a well-rounded visual designer who can help as we develop and launch new products and brands. Professional experience isn’t necessary, but a strong skillset and desire to work on design across print, digital and web UI/UX is. This is a fast-paced environment where you’ll get to see your designs come to life in real-world products and get exposure to all aspects of a tech startup.
Some responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Graphic design across digital channels – website, blog, marketing content, sales materials, ads
- UI/UX design for web and mobile software – wireframes, mockups and design assets for software developers
- Creating and managing a style guide to ensure consistency of brand across all platforms
- Graphic design for print – logo, business cards, sales materials, print ads
What We Are Looking For
- Significant breadth and depth of knowledge across many facets of design (either educational, through personal projects and/or prior work or internship experience)
- In-depth knowledge of visual design principles, including but not limited to typography, color theory, layout, grids, perspective and space relationships, photography, iconography, and illustration
- Knowledge of core web design and UI/UX principles to create amazing user experiences across web and mobile
- Someone curious, resourceful, and who has a desire to solve challenging information and communication design problems
- Have excellent interpersonal skills; be self-directed and comfortable working independently, and able to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong interest in the hospitality and alcoholic beverage industries
- Someone who wants and can handle a lot of responsibility and make an impact on a small, growing company
What We Provide
- A great, fun environment in an interesting industry
- Experience with a tech startup and having your designs come to life in the hands of thousands of users
- Free snacks, beer and wine in the office
- Opportunity to make a real difference with your work contributing to the success of the company
This is a small office environment where you’ll be expected to make significant contributions to our team. You will be the sole designer, working directly with engineering and marketing, reporting to the CEO. This position is ideal for someone interested in tech startups and who wants a well-rounded experience in all facets of a small company. Due to the nature of our business, candidates must be at least 21 years old. This is a part-time position between 20-30 hours per week (days and hours flexible based on candidate availability). Compensation is $17 per hour. There is the potential for the role to become full-time in the future.
If interested in the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Visual Designer; include a resume, brief introduction about yourself in the email, links to your portfolio and answer the following questions:
1. Why do you believe you’re a good fit for this position?
2. Name one website and one mobile app that you believe provide a great visual design and explain why in a few sentences for each.
Applicants that ignore the above questions will not be considered. We will respond to candidates we are interested in speaking with further. Please no phone calls or recruiters.