Uncorkd is looking for a software developer intern to join our small team. You will have the opportunity to work on a brand new product and mobile app. You will gain exposure to all aspects of a small tech company and have a material impact on its future success. Plus, if you enjoy beer, spirits or wine, you’ll get to work with your interests on a daily basis.
Who we are:
Used by hundreds of establishments worldwide, Uncorkd provides interactive, iPad beverage menus for bars and restaurants and an end-to-end platform for managing their beverage program. The tools we build enable our clients to better serve their customers, manage their inventory, track purchasing and improve their operations.
What you’ll do:
- Work primarily on creating a new mobile app for Android and iOS using React Native
- Work on other parts of our tech stack to develop new features as needed
- Help build robust, secure, scalable, and appropriately tested features from end to end
- Have an outsized impact on the company as an intern helping launch a new product
- Develop a strong understanding of the $200b alcoholic beverage industry
What you’ll need:
- Prior experience with React Native or mobile development preferred, but not required
- An interest in alcoholic beverages and passion for our product
- Desire and openness to learning new tools and technologies – knowing everything on day 1 is not a requirement
- Be a self-starter, comfortable working in a small team environment and able to solve problems independently
This is a small office environment where you’ll be expected to make significant contributions to our team. You will be solely responsible for mobile development, working directly with another developer and a designer, reporting to the CEO. This internship is ideal for someone interested in tech startups and who wants a well-rounded experience in all facets of a small company. Due to the nature of our business, candidates must be at least 21 years old. The internship is paid and may be part-time or full-time, depending on availability of the right candidate. If only available part-time, the minimum requirement would be 20 hours per week.
If all of this excites you, we’d love to talk further. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Developer Intern” Include in the email a description of yourself, your interest in Uncorkd, resume and any relevant project/work examples you’d like to share.
If you have limited or no prior professional experience, we are much more likely to be intrigued by personal projects you’ve worked on that show your passion for development and self-learning, so please include links to any applications we can look at.
We do not work with recruiters. Please no phone calls regarding the position.